In an attempt to simplify my recording setup, I’m selling my MOTU 2408 MKII 24 channel computer-based recording system. This single owner breakout box and interface card are a great way to start a live or studio recording rig. I’m selling this unit for $225 – a steal when you consider similar hardware costs around $900. Includes interface card, cables (optical and firewire) and manual. Local pickup only.
MOTU 2408 MKII
The MOTU 2408 MKII is a rackmount unit that includes the cross-platform PCI-324 card for connection to Mac or Windows computers. This computer-based recording system provides 24 independent inputs and outputs, including 8 balanced analog inputs and outputs with 24-bit converters, 24 channels of ADAT optical I/O, 24 channels of TDIF I/O, plus stereo S/PDIF I/O with an additional S/PDIF stereo output. The 2408 MKII supports 16- and 24-bit recording at 44.1 or 48kHz, digital dubbing among S/PDIF, ADAT, and TDIF-compatible devices. Connections are provided for ADAT sync input, word clock in and out, and MOTU Control Track input for sample-accurate Digital Timepiece synchronization.
- Includes PCI-324 interface card
- 24 independent inputs and outputs
- 8 balanced analog inputs and outputs with 24-bit converters
- Configured with +4 “line-level” analog inputs (easily switchable to -10db)
- 3 banks of ADAT optical I/O (24 channels),
- 3 banks of Tascam TDIF digital I/O (24 channels)
- Stereo S/PDIF in/out with an extra S/PDIF out
- Balanced quarter-inch main outs